Monday, January 8, 2018

Merry Christmas...(who knows what week because it's been weeks since we heard from him so we will say week 47)

Hey friends and fam!! December 18, 2017

Wow, first off I’m sorry I haven’t written in so long and second  off Merry Christmas!!! So crazy how its xmas but it doesn’t feel literally any different out here on the islands.  Ok, so much has happened this last month but I couldn’t get to the internet the last couple of weeks and then the lds mail server went down so I couldn’t write either.  Ahahha but don’t you all worry I’m healthy and happy as can be out here. This past month, if y’all have forgotten, I have been on the coast of San Blas in the middle of freaking nowhere working in a trio in two pueblos specifically, Magebgandi and Aidirgandi.  It was a huuuge success working with these coastal villages this change but unfortunately it was changes today and I got changed.  So last Thursday in a pueblo called Ukupa there were two elders Elder Maea and Elder Diaz.  So Elder Diaz was ending his 2 years and was leaving back to the city Friday in the morning so I had to go travel there so that elder Maea wouldn’t be alone when elder Diaz left.  So Thursday I left my companions and took a cayuko to Ukupa and I’ve been working here ever since.  I’ts been an awesome couple of days and elder Maea has been great.  I really wanted to be with him this next change but we had changes yesterday and I’m leaving the coast and going back to an island called Playon Chico and another island called San Ignacio Tupile.  So I’m excited to go back to the islands because its a little better living conditions there than it is here but I’m going to miss being on the coast. It was a way different experience here because there isn’t a church building along the coast so in the little towns we’ve been doing the sacrament meetings for the people and stuff and have been using some of their little bamboo shacks for our meetings.  So it’s been a pretty impactful and crazy experience for sure but now I’m headed back to the island life.  I also have a new companion Elder Hanson that has like 20 months in the mission and he is from Utah.  So I’m pretty excited for this next change but also pretty sad I’m not going to have a Latino comp.. lol there goes my Spanish!  Also it’s pretty crazy because president is having all of the missionaries in san blas go to Panama City tomorrow for a Christmas conference.  Wow, when I heard that news I was sooo pumped…haha finally I’ll get to eat some fresh fruits and vegetables and drink some water that isn’t from a river or from collecting the rain water. So it should be awesome and I’m sooo excited because it feels like I have been in San Blas for years…I cant wait to get back to civilization for a day or two and I’m hoping I’ll maybe see some xmas lights or something hahaha…but who knows.  That’s my life right now and I’m sorry I don’t have a lot of time for more stories but I love u all so much and I’m sorry I haven’t written anyone in like a month.  Hopefully you’ll understand that I have just been off the grid.

Love U all have a merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment