Monday, January 8, 2018

2018! (week 50)

Hey friends and family…wowhappy new year!  January 4, 2018

When I see all of the other missionaries write home they all have great titles and stuff and I’m truly sorry I’m not too creative and don’t do that lol.  I hope you all are doing well and have been enjoying your first week of the new year. Man it was a pretty crazy week on the islands as usual and lots happened. So here in playon last week we were having a hard time finding good progressing investigators because we would put return dates to teach them and would come back and they would just shut us down.  But luckily we have still had some pretty cool progressing investigators here.  Well Sunday we had a baptisms of someone named Kipiler and he’s really a great guy.  He’s had huge drinking problems in the past but we helped him get over it and had his baptism this weekend.  We couldn’t think of anywhere to baptise him though because of how big the waves are these days which meant we couldn’t go to another little island or something as usual. So we decided to do it off some dock on our island.  Lol…pretty sketchy but as my comp Elder Hansen was getting into the water off of the dock to baptise him, a little wave came and Elder Hansen’s foot slipped and got stubbed on some coral that scraped his foot pretty good.  He was bleeding sooo bad from his toe lol it was soo funny.  I also gave a good talk this week.  I was thinking really hard what to talk about and ended up speaking on the parable of the lost sheep and missionary work in our own lives.  It was a great talk and I honestly freaking love that parable probably the most and I think it is my favorite. There are so many lost sheep out in this world and so few missionaries and everyone needs to play a part in this amazing work of re-activating and helping spread the gospel.  Then after we left to san ignacio and wow it was suuuuch a sketchy ride!!!  We had been complaining to the guy we usually go with about the price of the ride and it turns out it had been more expensive because he usually rents the pueblo canoe to take us.  But this time he took his little one with the old 8 motor so it would be cheaper for us.  And wow... that bad boy leaks sooo bad hahaha every wave we hit it would literally fill up with like 10 gallons of water.  I was shoveling the water out like a freaking mad man convinced we were going to go down in the middle of the ocean hahaha.  It got so bad we hit a wave and the whole canoe filled with water up to my knees and we were litterally sinking and our bags were floating in the water.  So we stopped and had to all shovel out the water…hahah definitely the closest I’ve come yet to going down in the ooean.  So after that exciting ride we got there fine.  It was New Years which was fine, because it’s the same day as any day on the islands, except at midnight i was asleep and got woken up by some loud fireworks which was a nice and fun surprise.  But besides that just a normal day working my bum off hahah…that part never changes out here.  Wow, I just found out literally 2 min ago that Pres Monson died.  That is actually so sad he was the absolute best and I love that guy.

I love you all have a good rest of your week!!!  Love, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment