Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Big Changes (week 19)

Wow…another great week in Panama friends and Fam!  This week was hectic.  We had changes and a lot has happened.  So I’m with a guy from El Salvador right now and his name is Elder Gonzalez.  He seems pretty cool and I’m fortunate to be with another Latino comp so I can continue improving my Spanish.  So this week I have a ton of things to say, but as always, my time is short.  We did some service last week and helped build a house for some of our investigators.  It was the first time I have built a house Panamanian style and wow…it’s no joke.   It just involves a whole lot of crappy cement and a lot of blisters.  Building the house was pretty fun work and the investigators fed us some good stuff too.  It was really funny to learn how they build their houses down here. 

So today was changes and it turns out I’m opening up another area.  So before the change today the zone leaders were in the area right next to ours, but now they are moving to a different part of Arrigan.  So I now have their area along with the area I’ve been in so my new area is huge with a lot of land.  But it’s going to be really fun…going to be a crazy adventure for sure.  So last week the zone leaders assumed this was going to happen so they showed me their area and where their investigators live and all that stuff.  So pray that I remember where they all live because I’ve got a lot in the old brain right now hahaha.  Send your prayers.  Well now at least I’ll get dinner with members almost every night where before we only got one meal every week which was weeaaak hahaha.  I’m excited for this next change and I’m expecting a lot out of myself and my new companion. 

It was really sad saying goodbye to elder Martinez my old comp.  Love the kid and I’m really going to miss him.  He taught me sooo much about the mission, about speaking spanish, and just about life.  I’m going to miss the kid…clicked really well with him.  That’s all I have for you this week.  Please continue sending your prayers my way.  I always pray for all of you.

With much love, Elder Call.

Photos----
1.  My new comp…seems like a good guy so far
2.  The last night with elder Martinez celebrating together with one final malta hahaha.
3.  My fave little member of our church haha, they were one of the only fams that ever offered to give us dinner. Love them soo much.
4.  Huge weird fly thing in our house hahaha nasty.






No comments:

Post a Comment