Monday, May 15, 2017

Josh gets Married (week 17)

Wow, another good week in the mission and time continues to go by faster and faster; I swear mission time is different than normal time back home.  It’s been a good week with some funny and some really spiritual stuff as usual.  So we had the kid who’s scared of the water get in the water again to try and get him kind of used to it, because he really wants to be baptized, but he just gets scared being in water.  So we tried baptizing him again on Saturday…we were soo close…lol…we baptized him but his head was just a little bit out of the water so it wasn’t good.  The other problem is he didn’t plug his nose so he got water in it and he let out the most blood curling scream ever…I mean he’s only 8 but come on!  So yeah, that was that and we’ll try baptizing him again in the future.  I also found out one of our investigators was in a movie with Harrison Ford…it was a tiny role but i died laughing because it’s so random.  She’s from the southern most part of panama and is like Kuna, or some other type of traditional Indian, and they have there own language and everything.  I guess Harrison Ford went to the jungle of Southern Panama wanting to put them in the movie which is super funny cuz she doesn’t know one word in English.  The movie is called Mosquito Coast, idk if any of you guys have seen it or not.  Well, we’re making some good progress with our investigators and the mission is still treating me really well.  It’s hard work but it is so awesome!  Not only do we teach people about the gospel, but we also teach them about making goals like going to church, and to school, and how important religion is for our lives.  I mean so many of the people just get lost down here, having babies at 14 or 15 and never moving out of there parents little house and never going to school.  It is super sad but it is also really cool seeing Christ make a difference in their lives.   Out of time…love u all!!   Elder Call.

First pic is of me because you haven’t seen my little face in awhile

Second pic is of me and my comp…the kid is the freaking man haha.

Third pic is for you mom because we had the chance to go to a real store again and I’m such a mommas boy hahaha.  I made the same sandwich mom made me all of my life… some things don’t change even in Panama!







No comments:

Post a Comment