Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Best Mother's Day (week 18)

Hey friends and fam!  

Wow what a week…the highlight definitely has to be the call to the fam yesterday.  Sooo fun talking and i miss you all so much but I especially miss mom….cant believe how amazing you are mom!  Well this week was good and was the second to last week in the change.  I can’t believe I’ve been in Panama for three months now and have been in the mission four and a half months…time really flies when all you do is walk around all day and teach about Jesus.  Well we got some promising new investigators this week and we have some good baptisms to look forward to for next month. Sooo awesome doing the work of the Lord, there isn’t anything more satisfying or that brings more happiness than the mission provides. There is nothing more amazing than the promises Jesus Christ and God provide for their children via the gospel and that I promise you.  The mission is by far the best decision I have ever made.  I don’t know what I would be doing right now without the mission, but I can tell you one thing- it probably wouldn’t be too good lol.  

So we were teaching this Kuna family last week when all of the sudden we hear someone screaming.  So we went outside of the little hut we were teaching in to see what the screaming was about.  There was this Kuna lady screaming and frantically pointing down so we look down and there’s a little snake probably the size of two index fingers put together and the width of your average worm.  She was dead serious and was just screaming lol.  So this old Kuna man comes out of his hut with a sword and slices off the head of the snake.  He then throws the head into a fire and the body he carefully puts into a bag and takes it into his house. I asked him why he did that and he replied, "so the snake can never see another persons face again."  I’m not sure why exactly he did this but its just part of their beliefs and everything.  I’m telling you the Kunas are sketch hahaha…they have such funny traditions…legit Lamanites from the BOM.  Maybe the funniest thing about this story is that just yesterday I was freaking out over this huge bug that was in our house.  It looked along the lines of your average fly but it was as big as 5 quarters but together haha.  Wow, 5 quarters is a terrible comparison but there are just so many bugs and critters down here and I have never seen anything like them in my life!  So yeah, we’ve got really big bugs around here. Well, that’s all I have for you and no pics this week because I forgot to bring my memory stick that I send you pics from.  

Goodbye for this week family and friends.  Love you all, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment