Thursday, November 15, 2018

Love you! (week 89)

Hey Friends and Fam!
 
    Wow crazy week but don't have all the time in the world to write about it.  Wow, this weekend was sooooooo tiring but was highly anticipated and well-worth the long drive....so my week was good.  On Friday we left at 6pm for a 12 hour drive to Panama City. So I tried sleeping on the bus but didn't do well because of the freaking winding roads and it was soo cold on the bus.  But we got to the city in great time and got off the bus early at like 5am to stay the night with the zone leaders from the city. It was cool because they live in the first chapel that was built in Panama in a place, right by the Puente de Las Americas, called Balboa.  It’s no longer a ward but was awesome and I did a couple baptism interviews for them in two different areas that day. 
 
     The first was in an area that I have always wanted to go - a straight ghetto called Chorrillo...suuuper dangerous and I always wanted to see the area since it’s notorious in our mission - just huuuge apartment complexes that are straight trash - pretty gross area and must admit it made me a lil nervous.  I was with another gringo but it was cool. Then I went to the Vera Cruz area which is a suuuper cool place a little ways outside of the city- touristy and mostly Kunas with beautiful beaches.  It's my dream area but due to disobedience in the past Elders can’t serve there.  Then at 3pm we had the mission conference - it was sooo cool and Elder Soares is the freaking man!!  His testimony was awesome and the sprit was soooo strong...such a humble guy and the first ever Latino apostle!
 
     Then we rushed back to Albrook (the huge city bus terminal) and tried catching the direct bus to Bocas del Toro, but it had already left...was completely devastating because we were just a little late and missed it.  So we ended up having to take a bus to David then a chiva at 3 in the morning to Bocas…was sooo tiring because I didn't sleep much then either.  Yea, so I was nice and tired and pretty sleep deprived and we got to church late yesterday.  But we ended the week strong and I slept like a baby last night so it's all good.   Awesome weekend and I'm looking forward to finishing up this change strong…then I’ll be on to my last change in the mission...so crazy!!  I talked to pres a lil and he told me he was probably going to send me to end a little closer to the city because I’ll only have four weeks left when changes happen.  I really want to end my mission here but if I get changed I won't be too sad because experiencing another area of Panama would a fun adventure too.  I’m so excited to hit it hard these last weeks here! 
 
    It was pretty crazy in the mission conference seeing my couple of comps that still remain in the mission…sad stuff if I think too hard about it.  That was the first time in my entire mission that all of the missionaries were in one conference together.  When Elder Cook visited the mission the San Blas and Bocas del Toro zones didn't attend…so it was super special that we were able to be there to hear from Elder Soares.  
 
Love you all have a good week!!!!!
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment