Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Grandpa's Call's Funeral (week 88)

Hey friends and fam! 
 
Wow, was just informed of grandpa’s passing.  Nobody had told me anything about it until now when Nick wrote me.  I know it’s a very sad time but at the same time what an amazing joy he feels now with grandma.  I am a firm believer of God and of his plan of salvation. I love Grandpa Call so much what an honor to be his grandkid.  He is an example to all and a down right amazing person…blessed to carry on his legacy here in Panama !   He lived an amazing life and he’s going straight to lo alto. 
 
Wow great week out here in Changuinola, better than ever out here. Also freaking pumped and praying and getting prepared extra hard because Elder Soares is coming to panama this saturday to talk to us!  I'm soo pumped and it will be the second time attending a mission conference with an apostle of the lord.  Awesome stuff but the drive is guna be suuuuch a drag.  We are about 13 hours from the city and we have to take a the night bus to not miss too much time teaching. I'm trying to convince pres to let us return here in a plane cus there's a litttle airport here but I doubt it will happen hahaha.
 
We had a baptism this weekend of that kid Mosiah and I feel sooo awesome and am so excited and happy because his family now has a goal of going on the bocas del toro temple trip in just a few weeks.. so we re-activated the heck out of the family!  So ya seeing a lot of success and working a lot with recent converts because man sometimes the recent converts get baptized and left by the missionaries and stop getting love and I hate that.  Pres is stressing the importance of working with them too.  Man All good out here though and these weeks have been so amazing and I've been working especially hard and with more happiness. Week was super special and I'm so honored to be a missionary.
 
The whole country of Panama is going crazy right now because these weeks are independence weeks which are huuuuge holidays for panama.  Everybody basically goes wild, and it ain't your average wild, because Panamanians are normally pretty wild but during these holidays they’re even more wild than normal hahaha.  So it was crazy here and there was a huge parade here and everyone was hammered and doing naughty stuff.  I felt so separated from it all but just looking at it from a spiritual viewpoint it was a nightmare haha…saw one or two naked people and other things that I can’t say over emails hahahaha.  Last year at this time I was still in san blas and I reflect more on that time of my mission than any other time. Even the kunas went crazy for this freaking holiday.
 
Wow speaking of kunas, I feel like God has blessed me with a gift. I can literally smell kunas…hahaha…I can just feel when they are around and when see then I just get talking in their language and they love it.  So we are literally teaching the only kuna families in the entire province and its been awesome.  One of the families is progressing and I hope they meet their baptism goal in two weeks.  So ya, Jackman is a good comp, super different and an interesting chap, but all is well.  Patience is the key with every comp (something I have worked on my whole mission and still struggle with haha) but I promise I have gotten more patient fam!  
 
Well, that's all I got... sooo many funny stories but man i just don't remember them all.   Animal stories- I just feel like I have been in panama so long that these crazy animals don't get to me like they used to. Before the mission I would of freaked out seeing these animals…hahaha.  For example the GIANT possum that walked right outside our front door, or the red and yellow giant poisonous frog that during church came in and everyone was freaking out and I had to be the one to get it.  Or the turtles that swam in the rain water in front of our house. Yup good stuff.  Man, also as a side note, we walked through this crappy are (where we always work) and there was like a gay indian volleyball association that we walked by and I have never received that much crap from anyone in all my mission hahaha.  Good stuff!  Well thanks friends and fam...Jesus loves you all, do the right!
 
Bye, Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment