Monday, October 8, 2018

Track assignment (week 84)


Hey Friends and Family! 

Wow, it was a crazy week and I will tell you what, the mission, even with the time I have here, doesn't get easy! Every day provides new obstacles and challenges in finding the chosen people of God who are willing to accept his restored gospel.  Man, my birthday was good... 21 feels sooo old. Enjoyed it by having an amazing day working to help others come unto Christ.  I did however, change it up a little with my favorite lunch in panama (besides Dulemasi from san blas) of beef soup with extra yuka and special rice with a Vigor Malta to drink.  It was a super spiritual and special day and I'm so honored to have passed my 21st birthday here. Man had sooo many baptisms programmed but they all managed to fall.  Familia Luis pushed it back a week and the mother of 8, Maria Serrano, had some "women issues" and felt like she had to push it off for a time as well.  Not guna lie...I got down on myself Saturday afternoon when I realized the sudden and sad news about our baptisms but it didn't hinder my faith even a little. I know there are soo many chosen people of god in this area and we just gotta get more focused on being guided by the spirit. Man, so hoping for an amazing next week and I'm definitely guna enjoy general conference. It will be my 4th and last in panama :(  Next week is changes and most likely Elder Amaya and I have changes and he leaves because he's been here a while but man he has been the absolute best to me and I have learned sooo much from him.  Looking on the bright side though, I'll have a stable house to stay and sleep at with Elder Amaya's family when I come back and visit panama...grateful I won't just have to bum it with old converts and members hahaha. Wow, also special shout out to my cousin Nathan Doxey!!!! I literally cried when I found out you got your call here.  Just know you are coming to the best place and mission in the world.  Out of 10s of 1000s of missionaries you got called to the best mission where only 160 missionaries are blessed to serve.  You will also have a little time with the best mission pres ever, President Current.  

Love you all have a  good week!

Elder Call
 

No comments:

Post a Comment