Thursday, April 13, 2017

Remembering... Grandma (week 13)

Hey momma, thanks for the email…crazy stuff.   So did gma just died of old age or what?  but yeah, I’m taking it well.  I was super super sad at first but luckily i was at the apartment and not out and about when pres called me.  I was a little worried at first about why pres would be calling me, out of 200 missionaries, but it was a super sad time when he broke the news.  It was just shocking, idk, i just never expected it.  So it was super shocking and I was sad the first day but I’ve been a lot better after that.  I just told my comp i wanted to stay in for an extra hour and think about my memories with my grandma.  She was so grandma to me you know…loved grandma so much.  But its all good… she’s better now that’s for sure.  She’s in paradise with all of her other family watching over us so that’s super comforting.  Hope you’re doing good momma.  part of me being so sad was thinking about you and what you’re going through so that part was hard.  Hang in there and find comfort that gma is soo happy now.  Hoping and praying grandpa is doing ok.  Kk love you mother thanks for the update glad the funeral was good and I miss you tons.   I heard your talk was amazing…that’s typical, no surprise there.  I’m going to miss grandma.  idk why, but I always felt like she loved me more than the other grandkids…hahaha…kind of joking but not really haha.  Love you mom hang in there love you sooo much!!!

 Wow, my first transfer in Panama is done…can you believe it!  This week was good, besides the sad news about grandma, and i made it through my first change…12 weeks in the mission…haha, feels like nothing when i say it in weeks.  Only one more transfer and I’ll be done with my training…crazy stuff.   Ok, as for me this week it was busy.  We have a baptism coming up with the two people from the Bahamas and I’m really pumped for that.  They are really excited to be baptized and they love our message.  We meet with them like every day almost haha.  She’s struggling because she’s getting kicked out of her house and doesn’t have a job because she doesn’t have her panama green card yet (it’s called a carnet).  So we are trying to help her but there’s not a whole lot we can do.  Lets see what else, i don’t know its still the same old panama. We had our first “all out day” which is a new thing in the mission.  Every last Wednesday of the change is an “all out day” which is a day where we don’t stop to eat and we work our bums off for 12 straight hours.  There’s more to explain but that’s the jest of it.  But that day was nuts and super tiring.  I still love it here and the people are still totally amazing.  The Kuna Indians are the best and are such good people.  Not the smartest or educated bunch but soo fun, funny, and are so humble.  My favorite Kuna lady is a member and she’s making me a tie right now with a bunch of hand sewn fabrics.  They are super good at art and make beautiful clothes.  The Kuna women wear all of these traditional beads, nose rings, and colorful clothes they make out of a bunch of different fabrics.  it’s hard to explain; only dad would understand haha.  The rainy season is coming up and I’m not too excited for that haha…apparently it rains non stop for like 6 months…ouch!  We already had a little rain and it just makes it more humid and muddy and but doesn’t change the temp one bit.

Love you all, Elder Call

First Pic - a kuna lady brought some crabs back from San Blas so she gave them to us and they were soo bomb…it came with yuka, like everything does, and cooked green bananas hahaha good stuff.  

Second Pic - some of my favorite American elders at General Conf.  sorry for my eyes but every time i smile they close so my bad…sorry.

Third Pic - me with a bird at some inactive members house lol.

Fourth Pic - a baby who’s like 3 months old downing a malta.  i thought this was sooo funny…literally a newborn drinking a malta…so typical here in panama.

Last Pic -  my comp…he’s hilarious…snacking on spicy chips with ceviche like usual.






No comments:

Post a Comment