Thursday, March 30, 2017

Love you!! (week 10)

Hey momma, thanks for the pep talks; you have no idea how they actually really help me and I’m serious about that.  It’s hard, I’m not going to lie, it’s really freaking hard…by far the hardest thing I have ever done.  Luckily, I aint a wimp and you taught me how to work.  Mainly it’s the Spanish that is the roughest…it’s hard feeling kind of lonely all day…I’m not too cocky anymore haha…super rough and humbling.  Life here is still good though and I love every minute of it, which is just crazy, but its totally true.  I love you momma so much you’re the best in the world…miss u tons.  Thanks for the prayers…I pray for the fam also every minute.

I have like ten minutes to grind this email out so please ignore the typos lol…we never have enough time i swear.  Good times though and another week down…its going pretty fast.  I’ve been here for more than a month now so its just crazy stuff how fast time flies.  We had 5 investigators at church today so that was pretty awesome…i was pumped.  Well life is still good and I’m hanging in there through some really hard times but there’s super rewarding times too. Some of the hards are the language…you already know that.  Another hard is my unsettled stomach.  I don’t know what they put in the food down here but my tummy does not like it…sooo out of control, hahah, i guess it doesn’t like all of the beans, rice, and strange unnamed tropical fruits. 

Something funny that happened this week is we were walking down this random road and we heard this really loud out of control spanish music…like sooo loud.   So we decide to walk by, cuz we were wondering who could possibly be so obnoxious, and we take a look and it is our bishop hahahaha.  Turns out he’s an uber driver in the city part time so he has a boof little pimped out car.  The car has a little disco ball, a flashing strobe and disco lights…it looks sooo boof i almost died laughing.  But that’s the church down here for you…out of freaking control.  The leadership and stuff is so different than the states.  Another thing you have to understand about my area here in panama is that every family lives in a hut and makes like a dollar an hour.  So they all live in shacks but then they’ll have the biggest speakers you have ever seen in your life that are all shiny and chromed out.  Like i don’t understand…they live in practically cardboard houses but then have the fattest speakers with the biggest subs you have ever seen…just incredible sound systems.  Everyone is just way into music but they play the best music though too.  I looove the music down here…we hear it everyday all day from the street…tons of columbian music and tons of fun salsa and merengue music.  Another thing is that these people have literally 20 kids each.  Like there could be a young couple that’s around 25 years old, and they’ll have something like 10 kids that are all 6 months apart…kinda thought that wasn’t possible but I swear they’re straight rabbits down here haha.  Just know that I’m happy, I’m having super good times, and me and my comp are working really hard. 

I will send a better email next week…love u all!! --Elder call




No comments:

Post a Comment