Tuesday, March 21, 2017

This week... (week 9)

Hey fam and friends,

This week was good in panama as usual.  Times are still obviously sooo hard with the language and stuff but I’m getting adjusted well and everything is great.  My comp still knows no english, and I still know no Spanish, so that’s a bit rough. Besides that i still looove panama.  It’s so beautiful and green and the people are so amazing.  We had some rain this week and I’m NOT too excited for rainy season to get here but I’ll make the best of it. Well we have a bunch of new investigators so we’re teaching a bunch of people.  I teach a good amount, my comp is hard on me that way, which is good and bad.  We still have those baptismal dates but i don’t think any of them are going to pull thru…none of them have come to church even once.  That’s the biggest challenge so far for baptisms.  They all work or play soccer on sunday and we have to convince them that god and family is what is most important.  Our Mission Pres I haven’t told you much about but he is super strict.  Apparently the president before him was super lax and every single missionary was disobedient.  So when he left they sent in the big guns…and I mean the BIG guns!  My mission pres worked for the FDA and also owns like a drug testing company.. soo yeah…strict!  When he got here he literally sent like 30 missionaries home early right away.  He’s super strict and legend has it he keeps return home flight tickets in his pocket just waiting to be used.  Obviously that’s a missionary joke…but I’m not so sure anymore if that’s really a joke or not.  So that’s that, but he’s still a really good guy and our mission is really successful.  We are one of the highest baptizing missions in the world so the mission is doing something right.  My comp got bit by a dog last week and that scene was sooo funny it killed me.  But he was not happy with me laughing about it even though it was pretty darn funny.   I now hate dogs…all of them and I now will never ever own a dog.  Everywhere we go there are 100000000 stray dogs.  I used to feel bad for them all but I don’t anymore.  They bark all day and threaten to attack us constantly…it’s the worst!  I go to the city tomorrow for my 4th week new elders meeting and I’m super pumped for that.  Another quick story…I really had to wee super bad and my comp didn’t want me to because we were walking on the street.  I decide I have to go anyway so I go into the jungle a little ways off of the road.  After taking care of my biz I leave the jungle and when I get back to the street I look down and i am covered in 500000 ants. They were biting me everywhere and it was the worst…I kinda freaked out…lol…such a mean trick but the ants taught me to always obey my companion haha. 

But yeah, out of time, love u all! --Elder Call


pics i have, me cuttin open pipas, green coconuts. Also we had a garbage bonfire last night which was dope. The people burn all there garbage or litter it. Like were talkin garbage everywhere its kinda sad. and its always smokling plastic cus they dont care what they burn its great. kuna BOM there language is nuts, and i might have to learn alot of it. and a huge spider cant see it that well but its a massive banana spider







No comments:

Post a Comment