Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Happy December! (week 92)

Hello Friends and Family! 
Happy first week of December! I love the holidays and even here in panama there's a little bit of holiday fever. I didn't know what to expect, due to the fact that last Christmas I was in San Blas, but there's some lights up in front of some houses here and there's some new Christmas chocolates in the lil stores...OK panama!   This week was pretty awesome even though this area is pretty hard compared to other areas I've served in.  A part of me is grateful I'm not going to be here for another change but the other side of me loves the challenge.  But the lord continues to bless my life with miracles every day…we found an AMAZING family...a mother and her two sons.  One is a little special needs and the other is super sick and is on the whole dialysis thing.  He was so sick he had to go to the states with his family to get treatment at a hospital back-east and were living with a family of MORMONS (oops I mean family of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).  Soo clutch that they went to church every week while there and even though they didn't understand it at all they said they always felt good which we told them was the Spirit!  So that's awesome and they accepted their baptismal date and are preparing to be baptized.  They also came to church yesterday which is super dope!  Two more experiences this week real quick.  First is about the conference we had this week with the new area president for Central America, Elder Uceda from Peru .  He is a truly inspired leader and it was probably my favorite conference I have ever had in my mission.  He talked about turning others into disciples of Jesus and not just baptising them. Then he talked about the scriptures and there’s sooo many things I learned that I will tell you all one day.  Wow, the other experience is I shared my testimony at church, during testimony meeting on Sunday, and I realized mid-way thru that it would be the last time I’d ever do that in Panama .   I was crying soo hard and trying to hold it together in front of a bunch of Panamanians who definitely thought I was crazy…what can I say other than I'm a Call!  Well, so that's all I got for you this week folks.  Such an awesome week and I'm excited for an amazing upcoming week also.
Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment