Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Ella's almost home (week 76)

Hey friends and fam, 
    Wow so as you all know from last week is that im training. Wow so I was pretty anxious to be receiving my companion, there were like 9 new missionaries coming from the mtc. I was excited to be training a latino haha apparently all of them already spoke spanish which was a relief. Buuut im the only elder of nine that is training someone from the states who doesnt speak spanish haha what luck. So it bummed me out but i was excited to teach my new comp elder jardine how we do it here in panama. So tuesday i was in my old area loma coba- that was sooo weird and it was such a happy day but so weird cus its been over a year since i was there. Well Wednesday i went to the office by myself and got my comp. Hes suuuper quite and reserved and an interesting character. Unfortunately it was a hard week, but i have lerned a lot. He has depression apparently and it had has been a struggle to keep him motivated slash comfort him. He broke down a bunch of times and definitely has some culture shock cus i mean we aint in the states no more haha. I definitely had empathy with him but it was weird cus im so used to working so hard and I am so used to and in love with it here in panama. So finally he told me some of the stuff that was going on and we went to the offices sunday so he could talk to pres. He was thinking about going home and i talked him out of it and pres helped him with some of his more private issues. Its been hard having to do everything and drag him around but its been an amazing growing experience for me and im honored to be able to help someone who needs my help so much. So these next upcoming weeks will be very challenging but i plan to always be a hard working missionary and we will still baptize weekly. Im super grateful to my father in heaven for giving me the chance to progress even more spiritually before going home. Im grateful for the mission and for all ive learned, and the way it has impacted my life is astonishing. I know the church is true and this is the lords work, and im excited for a week of much success here. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment