Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Here comes the sun...(week 59)

 Wow, it’s been quite the week hahaha its still so weird being back in the city.  I’m getting healthier here and my body is getting adjusted to being back in the actaul world haha.  So my comp Elder Overall is quite the interesting guy. He’s a little awkward and it’s been a little hard with him in the teaching aspect and working part but its ok I’m still loving it. We don’t have that much in common so we don’t talk much but we are working suuuper hard and getting a lot done. So we have been opening this area up and its been a pretty hard experience.  Lots of contacting and references because we don’t have that much to go off of because the last missionaries here was quite a while ago.  We got an amazing reference to someone called Hma Rivas, she’s like 50 and has been awesome and we only met her a couple days ago.  She came to church and has a baptism date for next Sunday.  So I’m praying that it goes through.  City life is soo different haha and the work is way different too and all in all i just miss my kunas hahaha.  I was scrolling through my old pics last night from the beginning of my mission in Loma Coba and i got to a picture of the first lady i ever visited on my first day in Panama.  She is a native kuna and we re-activaed her and now shes a die hard member and walks like 30 min to get to church every week.  Lol thats when i first fell in love with the kuna people…she’s the absolute best!  She is so funny, happy, and kind even though she literally lives in a shack for a house. So yea I saw the pic and just cried again.  I know I’m a wussy but i just can’t help it haha. But life is good and i love the mission as usual but wow, I’m not going to lie it’s been hard.  We are also teaching a pastor from an evangelist church.  He’s sooo good but we talk too much and we couldn’t visit him during the week anymore because the lessons would waste so much time.  But he has soo much potential and has been flying through the Book of Mormon.  Lol…I set an appt with him for today during our free time to not waste time during the week and I’m sure my comp was not happy about that hahahaha. But yep all is well…love you all and have a good week!  Elder Call

1 and 2comp and at church yesterday
3. Hermana Erutina from the beginning of my mission




No comments:

Post a Comment