Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Happy Halloween (week 42)

Hey fam and friends!  Wow, alright well another week down here and I can’t
believe it but today is the end of this transfer.  I can hardly believe
I’ve been in San Blas for 1 and a half months…its crazy! The weeks go bye
freaking fast here hahaha and its crazy.  Sorry but this letter can’t be too long
because the internet is soo slow and apparently they up the speed of it
on the weekends and that’s why I’m writing today and not tomorrow.  So this week the work was a little slower than the other weeks have been.  The success we had this week wasn’t huge and we have been getting rejected more because the island is small and we had already visited every house by here like week 2 of this change hahaha.  But we are still managing to baptize alright and are having many miracles. I think this next change we are going to be working with this island and another little village on the shore like 30 min away that has
accepted missionaries.  But we will have to see if president Current gives us permission. So this week I don’t have that much to write about except for one
spiritual experience I had.  So today was fast Sunday.  We have been
teaching three less active young girls between the ages of 16 and
19 and they are great and the all have new born
babies (sounds crazy but here they get married at like 16 and it’s kind of sad but I’ve seen 13 year olds with babies).   So we reactivated
them and they have been coming to church.  So today at church me and my comp had the opportunity of giving their babies a baby blessing in sacrament meeting.  So I had this newborn little Kuna baby in my arms and I blessed it and the spirit just came over me so freaking hard. It was the craziest thing and such an honor to be blessing these little babies.  The spirit has only been
that strong and notable on a couple of other occasions in my entire life.
So after we blessed their babies I just went and sat behind everyone in the
meeting, its kind of weird to tell you all this but I just sat there and cried like a freaking baby. I felt so much peace and love and I was just overcome. I’m so
honored to be serving the Lord and I’m so honored that he has blessed
me with being here in San Blas with such an amazing people. I know this church is true and I know that god lives and jesus is our savior.  I love him so
much and am so grateful for everything he has given me. Love you all so
much…haha…that’s all I’ve got for you this week…peace fam.  -Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment