Friday, September 15, 2017

Birthday month (week 35)

Hey friends and fam! 

Well this week was a little slower of a week but it's still awesome just being out here.  The mission is the freaking best and I'm still hanging in there hahaha.  My Comp is a really good guy and I can't believe it's almost the end of the change...only two weeks more to go.  Time is flying and I can't even believe I almost have 8 months here in the mission...so crazy.  Well, we had some baptisms this week.  We baptized a lady from Nicaragua who's been living here in Panama for like 10 years, she's in her mid 40's, and we also baptized one of her sons who is 9.   Her other son is going to get baptized next week, which should be exciting, and he's 12 years old.  We found her and her family in a tinnnnyyyy little shack in our area and I'm talking literally a shack.  My room is about as big as her house where she lives with her five small kids.  She's struggling toooooons and doesn't have work right now so she relies a lot on the neighbors for food.  So she only eats like beans and a little rice and her kids are always complaining about being hungry.  She literally doesn't have very much money at all.  So we found them and started teaching them the gospel and she was sooo humble and open to the church.  She has a lot of faith and is honestly just sooo awesome.  I love her and her family so much. So that's the big news that happened this week and not much else.  We're just working out here trying to serve and survive day by day hahaha.  I can't send photos right now but I will make sure to send a bunch out next week.  Love you all and thanks for the continual support!!!! 

Love, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment