Thursday, July 13, 2017

Happy Birthday Charlie! (week 26)

Hey friends and fam!

Well the first week in my new area was sooo awesome.  My new area is called Cabuya, Tocumen and my comp’s name is elder Lefler.  He’s the freaking man and we are killing the game out here.  We’re working like animals hahaha but I can tell y’all one thing and that is my Spanish is not improving with an American companion.  This area is still pretty ghetto, but has more money than loma coba, my last area, so we get food from members and they help us a lot more with the work which is a great thing.  I’m getting fat down here though, dear heavens lol, because we take the bus a lot now because its really convenient so we walk a lot less than we did in Loma Coba. Our area is literally right spanking next to the Panama international airport so there are millions of airplanes flying over head every day.  I thought the planes were pretty awesome at first, but when your trying to teach, sleep, or do anything lol it sucks, suuuper freaking loud.  I’m talking like right next to the airport so I get to see planes taking off like every 5 minutes so I guess that’s kind of cool.  I’m getting used to taking like 10 second pauses when airplanes are taking off and we are trying to teach hahaha.  We had a baptism this week which is always nice.  Young Kuna kid…he’s like thirteen and his family was mas o menos members before his mom got sick and died and before his dad dipped out of their lives and hooked up with another girl.  The dad has another family with this other girl…he’s a little bit of a loser haha.  So the kid  lives with his 4 other brothers and sisters and with some of his cousins and the dad only gives all 5 of them 20 bucks for food every fifteen days so they are sooo poor and its a struggle for them.  None of them are in school and none of them can read (story of panama) so we found him and he loves going to church so we got permission to baptize him to make a long story short. So yeah that was the week.  I don’t have any pics, because I forgot to take my camera to the baptism, but my comp took some pics and I’m going to get from him.  I’ve only taken one pic of the area hahaha and maybe I’ll send that pic next week. 

Peace fam and friends…love u all!

No comments:

Post a Comment